Today, Episode 55! We talk about BMW’s autonomous motorcycle; the best commercial trucking routes for autonomous trucking; and, we take a step back to look at 9 years of Waymo’s biggest milestones.
BMW’s Autonomous Motorcycle
This an autonomous motorcycle has little to do with autonomous cars? Think again: autonomous vehicle tech generally can trace its routes back to Anthony Levandowski’s autonomous motorcycle entrant into the 2004 DARPA Grand Challenge, Ghost Rider.
The best place to launch autonomous trucks
It turns out the best place to launch autonomous trucks is along a stretch of Highway 5 between the US/Canada border and Northern California. It’s so good, in fact, that by 2040, it will likely be an autonomous vehicle-only highway.
Hard to believe that Waymo’s been with us for nine years now (in form, if not in name). Thanks to a great article over at Forbes, we take a look back at Waymo’s greatest milestones during these nine years, and what it means for the ’20s… the 2020s, that is….
- Please follow Autonomous Cars with Marc Hoag on Twitter at @AutonomousHoag for realtime discussions!
- Please leave a 5-star rating and written review on iTunes!
- Please leave a testimonial on MarcHoag.com!
- There’s also a new YouTube channel you need to subscribe to so we can get a custom URL finally!
- And finally: If you’d like to show your support for this show, you can now do so with easy monthly contributions of $0.99, $4.99, or $9.99!
Like this podcast? Please support it! Leave a 5-star rating and review on iTunes!