Today, Episode 58! Volvo and Nvidia partner up for improved autonomy in Volvo’s early 2020 vehicles; self driving cars pose a serious health risk; and, Waymo racks up 10 million miles of on-road tests (and 7 billion simulated miles!) and prepares for its first revenue autonomous taxi service.
Volvo & Nvidia partner up for Volvo’s next-gen AVs
Volvo is partnering up with Nvidia for its future crop of AVs to roll out in the first half of the 2020s. Volvo joins a host of other automakers including Mercedes, Volkswagen, Tesla, and Uber, in using Nvidia hardware or software to power their autonomous cars.
Self-driving cars pose a serious health risk
Will we humans have the discipline to exercise more in order to offset the inevitably more sedentary future ushered in by autonomous cars?
Waymo prepares for first autonomous taxi revenue service
Ten million miles of public road testing. A further even billion miles in simulator testing. Waymo is finally ready to launch its autonomous taxi revenue service in Phoenix, Arizona later this year.
- Please follow Autonomous Cars with Marc Hoag on Twitter at @AutonomousHoag for realtime discussions!
- Please leave a 5-star rating and written review on iTunes!
- Please leave a testimonial on MarcHoag.com!
- There’s also a new YouTube channel you need to subscribe to so we can get a custom URL finally!
- And finally: If you’d like to show your support for this show, you can now do so with easy monthly contributions of $0.99, $4.99, or $9.99!
Like this podcast? Please support it! Leave a 5-star rating and review on iTunes!